Getting Started with Webhooks
Prefinery uses webhooks to notify your application when an event happens in your account. Webhooks are particularly useful for asynchronous events like when a user refers a friend or earns a reward.
What are webhooks
Webhooks are a way that an application can send automated information to other applications.
With Prefinery, you can use webhooks to notify and send data to your app when something happens in your project, like when a user signs up, is invited, refers a friend, earns a reward, etc.
When to use webhooks
Our webhooks integration will allow you to perform custom actions in your own system based on information sent by a specific event in your Prefinery project. Here are some examples:
- When a user joins your campaign, they also get added to your own database.
- When a user is activated, a particular feature is enabled on their account in your system.
- When a user creates a referral, you grant them a reward in your system.
- When a user unsubscribes, you email them a coupon.
- When a user earns a reward, you fulfill that reward.
Webhooks can also be used to keep two or more systems in sync. For example, when a user applies for your campaign, besides getting added to your database they can also get added to your CRM or email marketing software.