Prefinery Acceptable Use Policy
The actions you take can have a big impact on our system as a whole. That's why you must follow this Acceptable Use Policy in your use of Prefinery. If you violate this policy, we may suspend or terminate your account. We may also suspend or terminate accounts according to our Terms of Service where we see behavior, content, or other factors that pose a threat to the Prefinery Service. If a term is capitalized in this Acceptable Use Policy but isn't defined, it has the meaning given to it in our Terms of Service.
The Approval Process
Some new accounts are required to go through our approval process to ensure optimum email deliverability and prevent abusive behavior. By creating an account with Prefinery you agree to go through this process. During your account review, we reserve the right to deny your account.
Please don't use Prefinery to distribute anything offensive, to promote anything illegal, or to harass anyone. You may not use Prefinery to create, send, display:
- Campaigns offering to sell illegal goods or services
- Emails that violate the CAN-SPAM Act or other anti-spam laws
- Pornography/sexually explicit content
- Campaigns promoting or supporting terrorism or violent extremism
Some industries have higher-than-average abuse complaints, which can jeopardize deliverability. In order to maintain the reliability of the Prefinery Service, we do not allow businesses that offer these types of services, products, or content:
- Escort services, mail-order bride/spouse finders, international marriage brokers, and other similar sites and services
- Hookup, swinger, or sexual encounter sites or services
- Pharmaceutical products
- Work from home, make money online, and lead generation opportunities
- Gambling services or products
- Credit repair and get out of debt opportunities
- List brokers or list rental services
- Selling "Likes" or followers for a social media platform
Content Subject to Additional Scrutiny
We've also found that certain types of content may cause higher-than-average abuse rates. For that reason, we may closely review, suspend, throttle, or disable accounts that offer the following services, products, or content:
- Online trading, day trading tips, or stock market related content
- Daily horoscope reports
- Mortgages and loans
- Nutritional, herbal, and vitamin supplements
- Adult entertainment/novelty items
- Online dating services and applications (dating sites or services with a sexual emphasis or sexually explicit content – including images depicting nudity – are not permitted)
- Real estate
- Multi-level marketing — We allow the promotion and education of multi-level marketing products. However, we do not allow pyramid schemes, soliciting new members, or misrepresenting the product or program in any way.
- Affiliate marketing — We do not restrict the use of affiliate links in emails as long as they are properly marked and used responsibly. However, we do not allow content that is 100% affiliate based, including selling other tools, software, "business in a box, etc.
We work hard to maintain the positive reputation of the Prefinery Service, but we count on you to pitch in too. You may not:
- Send Spam. Spam can be in the form of bulk emails or one to one commercial emails.
- Include in your Projects, Forms, Emails, or account any material that wasn't created by you, provided for you to use, or that would violate anyone's rights. That includes text, photos, graphics, and other content.
- Use any misleading or incorrect names, addresses, email addresses, subject lines, or other information in the Service or in any Projects created, managed, or sent using our Service.
- Share your password.
- Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the Software.
- Use any of the Software to create a competing product.
- Use an outside unsubscribe process when sending emails to End users hosted in Prefinery.
- Set up multiple accounts for any person or entity in order to send similar content, unless you're part of a franchise or agency.
- Import or incorporate any of this information into any account, audience, emails, or otherwise upload to our servers: Social Security numbers, passwords, security credentials, or sensitive personal information.
- Upload or send emails to purchased, rented, third-party, co-reg, publicly available data, or partner lists of any kind.
- Host images on our servers for any purpose other than for your use of the Service.
- Host Content on our servers for any purpose other than for your use of the Service.
- Except as permitted under our Terms of Service, take any action intended to avoid our billing thresholds.
In addition to the above, we continually monitor accounts to ensure best practices are being followed. We review bounce, spam complaint, and unsubscribe rates to ensure accounts are operating within our terms. Elevated bounce, complaint or unsubscribe rates may result in manual review, suspension, or termination of the account. Any account closed for such a reason will not be entitled to a refund or export of any data or details including End user lists.
Your spam complaint rate has to be lower than 1 in 1,000 emails (0.1%). If you exceed this limit your account might get paused while we work with you to figure out what's going on.
Your bounce rate has to be lower than 10% of all emails sent. Anything higher than that and inbox providers will start to think that you're sending to poorly qualified recipients.
Prefinery is a permission-based email marketing platform. We require that all End users have given direct permission to receive marketing emails from the sender, or have purchased an item from the sender within the past 12 months and consented to receive emails at the time of purchase. Customers are required to have proof of permission for each End user on their list. For End users collected through Prefinery Forms, a double opt-in may serve as proof of permission.
We do our best each day to support our customers. We are committed to being helpful and kind and treating each customer with respect, and we expect the same in return. We do not tolerate any abusive, threatening, or demeaning behavior or communication directed at any member of our team, as such conduct is grounds for termination of the account.
Termination of Account
If your account is canceled for any of the above reasons, including prohibited content, low performance, poor collection methods, or any other compliance reason, you will not be eligible for a refund and you will not be allowed to open a new account.